What are the different Trial Phases of the project, when do they start and what do they mean?
1st May 2021 – Baseline monitoring starts
- The majority of the project hardware and V2G chargers are currently scheduled to all have been installed by the end of April 2021 [dependent on any participant on-boarding or COVID-19 delays]. Ahead of the participant trial starting, CrowdCharge will just monitor your basic day-to-day EV charging to get a baseline of your charging patterns. You will be free to plug and play with the Wallbox Quasar and App as you please for this month.
- If applicable – CrowdCharge recommend that for the project you initiated your switch to your project energy supplier before 1st May 2021 in anticipation of the participant trial start of 1st June 2021. CrowdCharge will in touch with each participant individually to advise them how and when to switch.
- Participants will receive a Monthly Charging Summary email that will include the cost of your charge cycles on your new tariff (if applicable), and detail the number of compliant plug ins you completed during the previous month:
- 10 minimum plugs in per month from 18:00-05:00
- 15 plugs in per month from 18:00-05:00, to be eligible for your proposition rewards (from 1st June 2021)
1st June 2021 – The official participant trial starts and you will begin earning rewards
- Participants will now begin to receive a monthly reward / V2G benefit as outlined in your proposition information document for achieving a certain number of full plug-in cycles per month.
- Participant will have access to the CrowdCharge app, which will allow participants to select their preferred charging option. CrowdCharge will send login and user instructions to participants during May.
1st August 2021 – CrowdCharge smart scheduling starts
- At this stage in the trial, CrowdCharge will activate our real-time dynamic optimisation solution, to automatically shift your charging (and discharging if appropriate) to the cheapest period while taking into account your charging user requirements which is inputted through your CrowdCharge App.
- Participant will have access to the CrowdCharge app, which will allow participants to select their preferred charging option. CrowdCharge will send login and user instructions to participants during July.
- Participant will continue to receive a monthly reward/V2G benefit as outlined in your proposition information document for achieving a certain number of full plug in cycles per month.
1st May 2022 – Participant trial ends
- CrowdCharge will be in touch with you ahead of the participant trial ending to confirm the ownership transfer fee if you decide to keep the project hardware at the end of the trial.
- Also, CrowdCharge will confirm any post-trial information including any ongoing hardware support processes.