How will the participant trial work?
CrowdCharge has confirmed the participant trial commencing officially in June 2021 [when participants will begin earning rewards for plugging in] will have different stages as outlined below:
1st May 2021 – Baseline monitoring starts
- All of the project participants project hardware and V2G chargers are currently scheduled to all have been installed by the end of April 2021 [dependent on any participant on-boarding or COVID-19 delays]. Ahead of the participant trial starting, CrowdCharge will just monitor your basic day-to-day EV charging to get a baseline of your charging patterns.
- If applicable – CrowdCharge recommend that for the project you have initiated your switch to your project energy supplier before 1st May 2021 in anticipation of the participant trial start of 1st June 2021. CrowdCharge will be able to provide more information on this from March 2021 which will relate to your individual proposition.
1st June 2021 – The official participant trial starts and you will begin earning rewards
- Participants will now begin to receive a monthly reward / V2G benefit as outlined in your proposition information document for achieving a certain number of full plug-in cycles per month.
1st August 2021 – CrowdCharge smart scheduling starts
- At this stage in the trial, CrowdCharge will activate our real-time dynamic optimisation solution, and include your energy tariff pricing, to automatically shift your charging (and discharging if appropriate) to the cheapest period while taking into account your charging user requirements which is inputted through your CrowdCharge App.
30th June 2022 – Participant trial ends
- CrowdCharge will be in touch with you ahead of the participant trial ending to confirm the ownership transfer fee if you decide to keep the project hardware at the end of the trial.
- Also, CrowdCharge will to confirm any post-trial information including any ongoing hardware support processes.